The marketing world is a complicated place, and unless you’re a marketing and social media expert you will probably want to sign up with a marketing agency. This can be a smart step since they will handle the bulk of your marketing and social networking tasks. With the right marketing agency you can develop an effective marketing strategy and increase sales. But if you don’t know what questions to ask before you sign on the dotted line, you can’t be confident you’re going with the right agency for your business. Before you decide here are some questions you should ask a prospective marketing agency.
- What is your definition of a successful marketing campaign? You have to be clear about your goals. Your main goal is sales, not a slick marketing campaign that gets a lot of tweets and shares on Facebook. These things are an important part of a campaign, but the main goal of any successful campaign is an increase in sales for your company.
- What social media outlets will you focus on for my business? Social media is an important part of any marketing campaign. The agency you sign with must be in the know about social media and its importance. Older agencies may not be up on digital media, while newer ones may concentrate too heavily on it. There has to be a balance of digital media and traditional marketing to create a successful campaign for your business. Ask about their overall strategy and how it relates to your company.
- How connected is the agency in your industry? Can they get top professionals in your industry to give you interviews or spots on your promos? An agency which is connected can help you raise your profile in your industry. Also does the agency keep track of competitors? This is also important so they know what others in your industry are up to, and can plan strategies to outperform them.
- Does the agency know what digital channels will work for your business? Spreading your marketing efforts too thin over the digital world is a waste of money. The agency needs to know where your customers are, what social media they use, and how to reach them.
- What does the future hold? While you won’t expect them to pull out a crystal ball and start telling the future, they should have an idea of where your industry is going within the next quarter. Once they give you answers ask them how they plan on reaching these goals. Many times predictions aren’t correct because business now moves at the speed of light, but a reputable agency will at least have their finger on the pulse of your business, and a plan to meet these changing needs.
- How will the success of my marketing campaign be measured? Analytics are handy tools, but they are not the be all and end all. Human interaction and creating a strong brand are also important. The agency needs to not only keep track of the hard numbers, but also the impressions and reputation of your brand.
These are some of the questions you should ask a marketing agency before you make the final decision of whether or not to sign with them. You need an agency with the experience and innovation to create a successful campaign on and off the internet. It is this mixture of digital and traditional marketing practices which make a business successful in today’s economy.